Tuesday, January 4, 2011

101

Somehow over the course of time I reached 100 posts, and this is #101! What a crazy ride this life is. I know if I had posted all of the times I thought about posting I would be way past 101 by now, I'd be at like 500, but then kids wake up, or I'm in bed (I do my best thinking with my head on the pillow). So, here is to the New Year!!!!

Re-cap of my goals for the past year.

Goal #1- Take piano lessons:
Didn't happen. Mainly because our money went different places. That being said, I was called to be the pianist in Primary and so now I will be teaching myself and getting a lot of piano practice in.

Goal #2- Paint my room:
Again, didn't happen. Reason- no money for paint, at least the paint I want. I have some paint from my mom and from other projects, so I could use that, but they aren't the colors I want. In fact, no room in the house was painted this year.

Goal #3- Establish a strawberry bed:
Ummm, yeah. The bed is there, all laid out, but planting the strawberries didn't turn out so good this year. Robert and I have different ideas on gardening, both good, but both don't always match up. Somehow the location we picked for a strawberry bed gets dried out really fast. I tried to keep up with watering it, but alas, the plants shriveled up and died.

Goal #4- Finish curtains for the sliding glass door:
Nope, this didn't happen either. It wasn't that I didn't spend time at my sewing machine, it just was that I had other things I was working on, like patching the knees in pants, or turning pants into skirts. Things that kept the family clothed.

Goal #5- Refinish coffee table:
Well, this one got about half way done, so that's progress. I got it painted and a layer or resin poured in. I thought I had enough resin, but it didn't go as far as I wanted it to, so I bought a big thing on the internet and it had gelled somehow and wouldn't work, so that was a bust. I would still like to make the resin layer thicker, but it works for right now.

So yeah, not much of what I intended to do got done this year, and honestly, I don't feel too bad about it. While each of the above goals were good ones, I spent my time on things that I felt were more important, and my money also. I know that I did a lot of things that were less important, too though. This year I would like to work on that a little bit.

I don't really know what my goals for this coming year will be. A lot of things happened this past year that have made me reflect on what is important and what I really want out of my life and who I want to become. One thing that I know I want to do, though, is to simplify. I want to simplify my house and my life in a major way. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: