Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Paper Clutter

So, my goal for this year has been simplifying my life and my home. This is a hard one. The other night as my kids were in bed, I came out from reading to them, looked around, and wanted to cry. There were papers ALL over the place. I have 2 children in school. The oldest is in 2nd grade and the younger one is in Kindergarten. They bring home So. Many. Papers. There are math papers, spelling papers, vocabulary papers, artwork papers, comprehension papers, and then all the notices from the school for wrestling, soccer, baseball, this fundraiser or that event. You want to know why the schools need more money? It's because of all the papers that get used and wasted. Okay, so maybe that is an exaggeration, but it still irks me. I can have a perfectly clean room, my kids get home from school, and all of a sudden it's clutter all over. And, if the baby finds any of those papers, they soon go from a single sheet, to about 20 pieces all over the place.

I told my husband that I want to home school just to cut down on the amount of papers floating around my house. We can use a white board for spelling and math, or something. I mean, what am I supposed to do with all these papers? Luckily my girls don't form real heavy attachments to them, I've been able to throw a lot of them away without them have a melt down. But then it just piles up in my trash can. It wasn't so bad during the winter when I needed something to start the fire, but I don't need that now. I really don't want to save them up for a bonfire, although I could. The point is to get stuff out, though, not save it up for the future. There really isn't a good recycling program where I live, clear out here in the boonies. I wonder if they are compostable? But I don't know about the inks.

I am so looking forward to the day when school get out and this trail of papers quits coming to my door. Now I just need to get off the credit card offer and junk mail lists and life will be good.

2 comments:

Krisling said...

So, I found your blog from someone's... but I can't remember who. And I think we should be friends. If I lived in Idaho, I would come over every day and we would hang out. It would be awesome. Alas, I don't live in Idaho, so we will just have to hang out/be friends on the Internets. You know, if that's not too creepy. I am not a weirdo, I promise. Well, not in a bad way anyway.

rneweyfamily said...

Kestrel- Hahaha, no, I don't think it's creepy. Actually, you probably found me from Deanna at Being a Mother Who Knows. Since I live a couple miles outside of the middle of nowhere, I love my online friends. Plus, I've seen your comments on other blog posts, so I think we already hang out at a lot of the same places.