Thursday, September 29, 2011

Motivation

I have lost my motivation.  Is that something you lose, or something you make?  Either way, I have very little right now.  For a few weeks I was getting up early, letting the dogs out, coming in, reading scriptures, some light exercising, and then doing my computer stuff, all before the kids woke up.  Now, I'm lucky to be up before the kids.  My alarm goes off, and I go back to sleep, or to at least laying in bed longer.  The worst part is when I can't go back to sleep, I know I won't go back to sleep, and yet I still don't get up.  This bout of laziness is just horrible!

I know the best thing to do would be to just push through it.  When my alarm goes off, get up and get moving.  Make myself DO something productive, anything productive.  Where is my willpower?  It's a vicious cycle.  The more I don't do anything, the less motivation I have to start, but once I do start, I know it will be easier to do it again.  With the days getting shorter, though, I'm missing the sun as my cue to awaken.  I'm sure there has to be some kind of scientific study that states it's harder for people to wake up early when the sun is coming up later and later.  Maybe I can find that study and see if they have any advice for me.

1 comment:

Krisling said...

Maybe it's something in the water? Because I have felt like this since may. Like, this exact.same.way. I have no advice, but just know you are not alone. Good luck.