Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Break

We had Spring Break last week and I had a wonderful time.  I was able to travel to Texas with two of my brothers, my husband, and my sister-in-law to go and see our other brother and his family.  I finally got warm! 

I'm not sure what it was about the week, but I was able to relax and recharge my batteries.  My kids stayed with my mom and instead I got to help my sister-in-law out with her kids.  Since they live in Texas and I'm in Idaho I don't get to see them much.  I had a blast getting to know them, playing with them and reading them books.  I also got to visit with my sister-in-law who I really don't know that well.  I found out that we have a lot of hobbies in common, and she introduced me to a new one while we were down there.  She is truly one of the sweetest people I know and I'm so glad to have her in the family.

When we went to church down there I was pretty tired (we had gotten in at 3 in the morning so I only had a few hours sleep before church), but I was amazed at how the lesson in Relief Society spoke right to me.  You see, it was the 4th Sunday, and on 4th Sunday's they use a Conference talk as the basis of the lesson.  Well, it was just what I needed to hear.  Somehow when that talk was decided upon the Lord knew that I would be in Texas that week and inspired someone to put it on the lesson plan.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it and they just thought it sounded good, but I do believe that when we are listening, we hear the messages we need.  I will have to write more on what I learned later, but it goes along with a previous post.

The thing that surprised me the most, though, was how my husband kept telling me how good I looked.  Now don't get me wrong, he is usually very complimentary to me.  This was different.  Something in his tone when he told me and the words he used.  He said I looked relaxed and happy.  He could tell I was having a good time, even though we didn't really do anything super fun or exciting.  I loved the compliments, and I was having a good time, but it kinda made me wonder what I must look like normally at home.  I mean, is haggard and stressed what I usually show him when he gets home from work?  I sure hope not.  I am going to make an effort to look nicer for him, because I sure don't want him to think that home life stresses me out too bad.  I love being a mom and being home with my kids.  I will admit it was nice to get away with my sweetheart for a short trip, though.

3 comments:

*ehu. said...

AHHH!!! I'd love to see pictures from your trip!!

*ehu. said...

p.s. And what's the new hobby?

rneweyfamily said...

Sadly my camera battery died and I wasn't able to take pictures. The new hobby was jewelry making ;)