Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Who do I resemble?

I read a blog the other day where the author asked what fictional character you felt like you resembled, or that you could associate yourself with.  Well, I have a list of character that I wish I was more like, but I could not think of one, or even 2 that I felt I could compare myself to, until I read another person's response.  They referenced a short children's story, that reminded me of a book I really like.

I'll Do Better Tomorrow, I Promise by Maurine Reynolds Adamek.  The book goes through the day of a little boy and all of the ways he tried to help, but ended up trying is mother's patience.  At the end, the little boy is feeling kinda bad, but then the mother prays for forgiveness and promises to do better tomorrow.  I feel like that so many days.  I look back on the times I lost my patience, on the times when I wasn't as understanding as I could have been and think about how I could have done things differently.  This unnamed mother is probably the fictional character that I think I am most like.

No comments: