Monday, February 23, 2009

Home Can Be.....

So, for the most part, I love my house. I love that it has room for us to grow. I love that I have a sewing room and a spacious kitchen. I love my bedroom and master bathroom. I love that Robert can get dressed and not have to turn on the bedroom light to wake me up. I don't love being in my family room, though. I don't know why. I didn't used to feel this way. I fold the laundry in the family room and I didn't used to have a problem being in there, but now I do. And, now that I don't like being in there, I don't like doing the laundry. Since I don't like doing the laundry my kids have been running out of clothes. Clothes have been piling up, I haven't purged the too small clothes from growing children so dressers are full of clothes they can't wear and I end up re-washing clean clothes because they can't fit them into their dressers. It's a vicious cycle. All because I don't enjoy being in the family room. I don't even want to watch my favorite shows anymore because the tv is in the family room. Now maybe that isn't such a bad thing, but the laundry, well that is. I'm not sure if it is the way the room is arranged. We got rid of a couch that was taking up too much space in there and the room feels different now. I'm not sure if it's because the room is cluttered, that is where we keep all the toys. I don't know, but I feel agitated when I think about spending time in there. Today I needed to match socks. Taylor has taken to finding any 2 socks and putting them on. She reminds me of Dobie in the Harry Potter movies. The socks never match. So, I did spend some time in there, but after I got the socks done I was out of there. The worst part is I have like 3 loads of laundry that need folding and Robert doesn't fold it because inevitably he will put something in the wrong pile and the girls make sure he knows about it. I need to get this figured out so that I can have my house be peaceful for me again and so that myself and my family can have clean clothes again.

No comments: