Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hives

So, I now know what hives feel like. I don't recommend anyone have them. Now, I can think of mainly 2 reasons to get hives, an allergy or stress. Besides the changing of the seasons, I can't think of an allergy, well maybe the chickens, but I don't think that is why I have hives. I think it's because of stress. You see, I was managing my stress just fine with chocolate for a while. I went through a lot of chocolate chips, then I realized that Rachel didn't like chocolate. They made her tummy upset and caused her to spit up more. Bye-bye chocolate. Then, I got hives. You see, I didn't handle it well having the chickens in my laundry room. I am still very sensitive to smells and those chickens stunk! And because they were in the laundry room, I didn't want to go in there, because I wasn't going in there, laundry wasn't getting done, my kids were running out of clothes and so was I. Since the laundry wasn't getting washed and put away it was cluttering up the floor. I am having a hard time with clutter, too. So, smells + clutter = hives. Now, the chickens are out in their coop and the smell is airing out. I am once again comfortable going into the laundry room so our clothes are getting cleaned again, that is very good. So, why do I still have hives? Maybe it is allergies.

1 comment:

*ehu. said...

oh man I hate hives! I start to freak out more when I see hive patches, which isn't good...cause that equals MORE hives!! UGH!! VICIOUS CYCLE!!! Whenever I get em', Aloe and oatmeal showers w/ cold water help. Or I guess Bendryl helps as well.