Friday, May 15, 2009

Going Vegetarian

This week I've been all ready to become a vegetarian. We lost 2 baby chicks this week. When we lost the first one, Robert was around to take care of it, this time he wasn't. I had a really hard time watching the chicks die, and then I had to take care of them. After that, I was cooking eggs and thinking that I was eating those chicks' cousins. Now I realize the eggs probably weren't fertilized and never would have hatched anyway, but still. I guess my hormones are still a little wacky, but I had a hard time this week. I'm hoping that my kids don't get too attached to these chickens since we are raising them for meat. We may get some laying chickens for eggs later, but for now we aren't set up to feed and house them through the winter. Of course, kids can surprise you. Mine will probably have no problems and I'll be the one having the melt down.

No comments: