Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Exhausted

I have been so tired lately. I'm not sure what's up. It doesn't seem to matter if I go to bed at 10:30 or 8:30, I just don't feel like I'm getting enough rest. I wonder if the 4 kids under 6 have anything to do with that? Or maybe it's the mental exhaustion of thinking about all the things we have going on and wondering how everything is going to get done? Maybe both.

You see, on top of trying to keep my house somewhat together (I struggle with housekeeping), I now have a garden outside. I love being in the garden. I love watering it, I love planting it, and I even like weeding it. Rachel, however, doesn't always like me being in the garden, so I have to steal snatches of time when I can. We also have the chickens and turkeys, but thankfully Robert mostly takes care of those. Then, there is the dogs and cats. Our kitties are growing so fast that we will be putting them outside soon. I can't wait because the momma cat is driving me nuts. I hope that they catch lots of mice.

Then, there is all the rest of the stuff outside to do. Mow weeds, water trees, hope that rabbits and mice don't kill the trees. We have the grass that we planted this year that we are trying to get established. I am so excited for more lawn. We have the grass that we planted last year that we need to maintain. I finally learned how to run a lawn mower. And someday, we will have lawn in our back yard, also.

Last year we spread ourselves too thin trying to get the "instant yard" without all the needed time and help to get it up and running. We've taken things a little slower this year, and I know it's a process, but you know what, it's exhausting thinking about it all.

1 comment:

Gallup Family said...

I totally know how you feel. Somedays just the thought of all I have to do makes me not want to get out of bed. I think I'm the opposite of you, in that I don't mind the housekeeping but can't stand the outside work so that always gets put off until the weekend for Jared to take care of. But then if we want to do anything on the weekends that leaves the yardwork not getting done. It's a vicious cycle :)

But just think that someday all our kids will be doing their own thing and we'll be trying to come up with things to do with our time.