Saturday, August 29, 2009

Eggplant!


Okay, so I harvested an eggplant today. I'm not actually sure how it tastes yet, it broke off the vine while still little, so I hope it's still good. Besides, baby eggplant is supposed to be a delicacy, right? I do have some other fruit growing so I should be able to get more than one.

The rest of the garden is looking okay. My tomatoes are way behind this year. I did get tons of peas in the spring, though. I have peppers on all my plants and I'm just waiting for them to ripen. I also managed to get some beans and beets. Our corn is a little slow this year also and we had a wilt hit our potatoes. We still got potatoes, but they aren't as big as they could be. I should also be getting some yellow crookneck squash this week.

All in all, I accomplished another goal of mine :)

No comments: