Friday, August 21, 2009

My Struggle

So, after reading an article on Post-Partum Depression and recognizing many of the signs they talked about I made an appointment with my midwife, and surprise, I have PPD! One of the reasons that I think I didn't recognize it at first is because it didn't happen right after I had Rachel. I was actually pretty good after I had Rachel. Of course I had the occasional bad day, but don't most people? Then it got to be two bad days and then three. Pretty soon I was counting the good days instead of the bad ones. So, I am now on some medicine. It will take a little while it is really showing that it's helping. However, just putting a name to why I'm tired, why a dirty table gives me such anxiety and why I just don't want to do anything has been very liberating. I'm not going crazy.

2 comments:

Jamie (Mom) said...

I've been there and I completely understand what you are going through. I'm glad that you are figuring things out. It took me 1.5 years to get help and by then things were pretty bad. Check out my page if you want, support is always a good thing.

Gallup Family said...

I'm so glad you recognized the symptoms. I was treated for PPD after having Anna and within 2 weeks I knew the meds were helping. I feel so much better about myself, my family, and my life now. Hope you feel better soon!