Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy/Sad


I am so excited for my sister and her little family to begin their latest adventure, but I'm really sad that my best friend is moving away.

My sister and I haven't always been the greatest of friends, in fact, for a long time she was my biggest pest! But that was a long time ago. It seems like she's always just kinda been there fairly close. I shared a room with her almost as long as I can remember growing up. After she graduated she moved to the same town I was living in and I would take my kids over and visit with her, or she would come visit me. At one point in time she lived with me until she got married, and then she only moved 2 doors down. It's true, I moved away first, but I still saw her just about every week, so I wasn't really gone, but now she will be.

I am excited for the opportunity my brother-in-law has to go to law school. The two of them will finally get some time together without family always coming around and butting in. I've heard that Missoula is really pretty and is a nice place to live. I know that my sister can find friends wherever she goes, she just has that spunk!

On the other hand, I'm really going to miss dropping by to see her when I go to town. I'm going to miss dragging her along shopping with me because I don't want to take all four kids by myself, or better yet, leaving the kids with her at her house while I go shopping by myself. I know my kids are going to miss having sleep-overs at her house. Their aunt and uncle spoil them rotten and are so much fun! I'm going to miss dragging her to meetings with me to be my "guest" because I just didn't want to go by myself. There are a million other things that I am going to miss also, but mostly, I'm just going to miss her presence. She won't be that far away, but it's the farthest away she will be since we actually became friends, along with being family :) Thank goodness for telephones and for fast automobiles.

1 comment:

*ehu. said...

Awww, that must be hard. I was thinking of the same thing tonight. I'm blessed to have such an awesome sister-in-law (I call her my 'sister' since I've known her since I was 7) that I won't know what it'll be like to live away from her when I get married. So I can only imagine how hard it is for you to have that with your own sister.