Tuesday, July 19, 2011

One of Those Days

Ever had one of those days?  Yeah? Me neither….. oh okay, maybe one or two.  Days where something hits you just wrong, like a telephone call, or a letter, or a text message.  Next thing you know, you want to cry, you are a horrible person, and when is life going to get better?  Then, you sleep on it and the next day realize that life really isn’t that bad, you are too hard on yourself and the crying just means that for some reason you have some extra hormones running through your system.

So, what do you do on those days?  In my case, it was cereal for lunch and hot dogs for dinner.  Some crocheting. My girls were and I decided I should too, and some light reading. First, though,  reading my scriptures and hoping for that calming spirit to enter my heart.  It comes, often after a good night’s sleep, for me.  It is wonderful what a night of rest can do for a person’s outlook.

3 comments:

Gallup Family said...

I use to have those moments quite often. I would get hysterical and Jared would have to remind me that I was blowing things out of proportion. But...there are also times we get like that to remind us that we need to step back and take things easy for a couple days. The chores will keep, the kids won't die from eating hotdogs, and rest is good for the mind, body, and soul :)

*ehu. said...

For me, it's sleep & a stroll down to the beach. The beach seems to cure [almost] everything. Although, I'm liking the cereal idea! :)

rneweyfamily said...

Chastity- Slowing down and refocusing is good for mind, body, and soul

Ehu- I wish I could go for a stroll down the beach. Whenever I need to relax, I visualize the beach. I can almost hear the water gently roaring and feel a gentle breeze carrying the salty scent of the ocean. I almost thought I smelled that this morning. Just wishful thinking I guess.