Friday, January 29, 2010

No more sugar!

I am going off sugar, well mostly. Even though I have lost inches, the numbers on the scale haven't moved. Add to that the fact that I really like sugar, so I binge and crash and then get really cranky. Sugar overload also has a tendency to make me feel depressed and worthless, so I should probably let go of it. I will still eat natural sugars, but this is harder than I thought.

Sugar is in a lot of things. Even something as simple as craisins are coated in sugar. As for breakfast cereals, well, my choices are limited. I have been having Cream of Wheat with honey and dried fruit and it's pretty good. Or, eggs and toast. I have been able to resist the jello and pudding that my kids are fond of making these days. Robert also has not made cookies in like a week, so that has helped.

I am really hoping to be able to stabilize my moods, though. I don't like being a cranky parent, and I don't like feeling bad. Maybe this combined with eating better foods will help with that.

No comments: