Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some of the Good Things

I feel like I've been blogging and ruminating on all my troubles and confusions that I have neglected to remember all the good thing in my life. I may have a few troubles and bumps in the road, but my blessings far outweigh my trials. So, here are a couple of things that are really great about my life:

My husband. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and supports me in all that I do. He is sensitive to my emotions and needs. His very presence helps me to feel more calm. He is also a wonderful father. He plays with the kids and gets up with them in the middle of the night so that I can sleep. Yeah, Robert is a definate blessing in my life.

My children. I learn so many things from them and they bring such sunshine into my day. I sometimes forget how much fun a few sticks and rocks can be. They remind me to look at the clouds and see what shapes I can find, or the joy of just snuggling on the couch with a bunch of kids reading a book. There is something peaceful about snuggling with a child and having them fall asleep on your lap. They may bring noise into the house, but they also bring me peace.

My extended family. I am so blessed to have so much of my family close by. If I need to run errands in town then my kids can play with their cousins. There has also been more than one Sunday where the two older girls were left sitting with Grandma and Grandpa because both Robert and I were out with one of the little ones. The kids get to go out irrigating with Grandpa and they love that. My parents are a short drive away and they have helped in numerous ways, like sharing of the bounty of their garden. Add to all of that all the wonderful technology that allows us to keep in touch with family that is not close by. Telephones, the internet, and webcams have helped keep us in touch.

This beautiful spot of land where I live. It may be a struggle to get a lawn in and the wind may blow, but it is ours to do with what we want. We have fruit trees and a garden to supply us with food during the summer and fall months. We can do what we want and plant what we want here, as long as it is legal. We can have our pets, and someday we will most likely have some livestock, too. We have some of the prettiest sunrises and sunsets out here without building all over to get in the way. Without light pollution we can see millions of stars at night and it is beautiful!

My church and my testimony. This should have been the first thing on my list, but it is the one that I get the most comfort from. I know that I am a daugher of God. I know that if I put my trust in Him then life is good, maybe not in the way I think it should be, but life is good. I find peace in knowing that my Savior is always with me and that He understands what it is I am going through. I know that when I do my best, even though I'm not perfect, that He will make up the difference and help make things work out in my best interest. I know that I can have my family with me forever and that is one of the things that really matters in life. I am not always good with words, and I don't know how to explain feelings, but I do know that when I think about Jesus Christ and all that He has done for me, I'm in awe. I've had so many examples in my life where things came at what was really the best time, even though it wasn't the time I would have chosen.

So, even when the little things crowd around and make life seem super crazy, there are a couple of things that don't change and they are the things that really matter to me. There are more than what I have listed, but for now, these are some of the good things in life.

No comments: