Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cabin Fever

After going into false labor on Tuesday and being completely bummed on Wednesday, I got cabin fever Thursday. I just wanted to go out and have some fun and go to Twin without kids. That meant that either I needed a babysitter so Robert could go with me, or I had to find someone else to take me. I don't drive when I'm this pregnant for 2 reasons: 1- I get these spots floating in my vision that makes it hard to focus, so I can drive short distances, but not all the way to Twin, and 2- I already went into false labor once, if I go into labor I don't want to be by myself. So, after making sure that none of my family wanted to go to Twin, I called a friend. J. said she had to work in the morning and do a few things, but later she could take me. That sounded great to me.

So, after she got off work, J. came and picked me up and we went to Twin. I had to take some movies back to the library since they were due (that was my excuse for going to Twin even though I could have renewed them online). I also picked up a couple of new books to read, since I haven't had this baby yet. Then, we went to the mall and walked around a bit, hoping the walking might have done something, but alas, no. After that we went out and visited J.'s step-dad and ended up laughing so hard, we thought that might put me into labor. It didn't, but I was feeling much better. We went out to dinner at La Fiesta, a really great mexican place. J. had never been there before and she seemed to really like it. Oh, and while we were there we got hit on by some drunk bull riders. They were at a table near us and they were so loud! You could hear them dropping the F-bomb all over the place and it was quite obvious they had quite a bit to drink. One of them came over and invited us to join them, which we declined. Later when I got up to go to the bathroom they were a little surprised to see my bump in front. Apparently they hadn't seen that before they invited us over. That was a little funny.

After dinner I called my sister and we met her at Chili's for dessert. I love their Chocolate Molten Cake! When we sat down and our waitress came over J. started to tease her and give her a good time. The waitress was great and was giving it right back. We ordered our dessert and when we were done (it took like 3 minutes for the 4 of us to scarf it down), the waitress told us it was all taken care of. J. went over to ask what and why. Well, I guess our waitress had been having a rough night, some customers had been mean and she was ready to just walk out when we were sat and we just made her night. Well, mostly J. made her night, so she took care of our dessert. I have some awesome friends.

My trip to Twin was just what I needed. I got out, got to relax and laugh and have a lot of fun. Thanks J. for taking me and sacrificing time with your family for me. Thanks Katrina for coming to dessert, I miss living closer to you.

No comments: