Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Middle of the Night rambling

I'm up again at 2:30. I just can't seem to sleep lately. Either it's because I'm hungry (a common occurrence) or because I'm sore. Tonight it seems to be both. My back is achy and I have an annoying knot right by my shoulder blade. Normally I'd sleep on my back and it wouldn't put any stress on the knot, but I can't really do that right now. I'm really glad to be getting a massage today. Maybe that will help. Also, I'm hungry. It seems like I'm almost always hungry. Now if I could only eat the right foods and avoid gaining so much weight :) People like to use the excuse of being pregnant to eat whatever they want, but then after the baby comes you still have to deal with the extra weight from all those goodies. I've done better lately. I've swapped nuts and dried fruit for my chocolate chips. It's not the same, but at least I didn't gain any weight this last week. A part of me just can't wait to have this baby and have things get back to "normal", but at the same time, I'm scared of labor. I don't like pain (who does?), and I'd like to go natural this time. I had a bad experience with my epidural when I had Michael. I just want to get this over with. It's the not knowing that is the hardest part, I think. Still, I have a very supportive husband and a really great midwife, so I should be good. Mostly, I think I'm just tired and I'm done being pregnant, but more than that, I do want my baby to be healthy, so I guess when everything's ready, well, then we will have a new member of the family.

No comments: